Friday, January 8, 2010

Camp Atterbury, you are so very cold.

It's another cold day here at Camp Atterbury. Then again, I've only been here 2 days, but it's still cold. The temperature this morning was around 7 degrees. I used to complain about sub-40 degree temperatures, but I can't do that in good conscience anymore. What to say about post? It's non-descript in appearance, but now it's holding some number of soldiers here from all over the country. New soldiers are coming in every day. We arrived on 7 January 2010. After being shuttled to Camp Atterbury, we disembarked our vehicles and began unpacking our gear. The next morning, chaos settled in. Orders were changed overnight and I was moved from 1-101 FA to 1-172 CAV. We arrived at our unit and were then told that there were no platoon leader or executive officer positions available as they were all filled. There were 3 Lieutenants who arrived at the same time and we were told that there were 3 positions in the battalion to be filled and that they were 2 battle captain positions (working with the S-3 or the operations shop) or to work as the assistant S1 (Personnel/administration). I was assigned to be the Assistant S1. They told me that there might be a possibility for a platoon leader position to open up, but there's no guarantee. I guess we'll have to see. So far, most everything is inprocessing and working on getting all gear and equipment and being sped up on my job which at the moment seems... fluid.

No comments:

Post a Comment